29th Oct 2019
The Assistant Manager role is to assist the General Manager with the day to day running of Clyde Uniforms. They will take ownership of several duties, whilst ensuring that the company achieves their strategic, financial and objective goals. They will be accountable for the successful operational running of the business in the General Managers absence. The ability to build strong relationships with clients to develop confidence and trust in order to maintain a long-term working relationship.
- Ensure the team maximises potential business by the correct use of all resources, leadership and team motivation.
- Develop personal, interpersonal and managerial behaviour to bring the best in people and enhance the company’s principles, convictions and basic values
- Management and responsibility for the team including monthly one to one meeting, annual appraisals, as well as managing performance.
- Administration duties including the preparation of Uniforms/PPE online shop, dispatch and delivery
- Contract with suppliers to resolve price, quality delivery or invoice issues
- Assisting with the administration required to set up new supplier contracts within agreed timelines
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase package in terms of quality, price, terms, deliveries and service with suppliers.
- Provide a source of quality goods and service to Clyde Uniform’s existing and new clients
- Ensure that there is a timely dispatch of customer orders for delivery throughout the UK & Worldwide
- Develop and maintain category specific database and tracking tools
- Monitor supplier performance and action any deviation or non-conformance
- Assist with auditing of supply base and stakeholders
- Collaborate with the finance team with inventory management for stock take and stock counts
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, use feedback to modify and develop alternative solutions
- Provide weekly reports to General Manager on performance and opportunities, analysing key areas including costs, new business and overall business performance.
- Deputise in the General Managers absence.
- HND in Business Administration/Retail Management/Administration or equivalent
- Supervisory/Management experience
- Forecasting and budgeting experience
- Experience in retail management including pricing, merchandising, finance and customer service.
- Competent I.T skills
- Strong Interpersonal & Communication skills
- Reliable, flexible and adaptable
- Strong business acumen
- A seafaring knowledge/background
Closing date: 12th Nov 2019