Business Development Manager
13th May 2022
Tritec part of the Northern Marine Group of companies, has come a long way over the past seven years and has now established a diverse portfolio of services and clients. In order to continue with its business offering it is required to have a sustained stream of consultancy and small project work approximately up to £100,000. To this end, a Business Development Manager (BDM) is required as a resource that will help the company grow and solidify its position in the market as the go-to supplier for naval architecture and marine engineering services in the maritime, oil & gas and marine renewables industries.
- Be the point of contact of new and existing clients when they seek information about Tritec’s services
- Strong understanding of Tritec’s services as well as business position of the company and its competition
- Maintain current client relationships with clients and identify new clients at national and international level
- Instigate contact with potential clients to establish a business relationship and meet with them
- Research the latest in the industry and create new opportunities to expand the business
- Feedback market trends and client requirements to R&D team for new service developments
- Collaborate with the engineering team to ensure client requirements are correctly captured and scoped out from the outset
- Respond to RFP's, tenders, and develop sales in new territories in cooperation with the Business Development Director and General Manager / Director
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Follow up with clients after the project delivery and seek feedback for continuous improvement
- Contribute to the marketing activities of Tritec and work closely with Communications Officer and Marketing Manager to support the company’s presence in various industry events (e.g., exhibitions) and social media
- Keep existing clients appraised of company’s projects and activities.
- Significant experience within a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with numerous clients, client requirements, technical proposals of various levels of detail and complexity.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Classification: Restricted
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Ability to think tactically and examine risks and opportunities for Tritec.
- Ability to sell to customers’ needs.
- Excellent market and sector knowledge in terms of organisations.
- IT fluency with MS Office software suite and social media.
- Demonstrable ability to develop own skills and become an integral part of daily operations in Tritec.
- BSc, BA, PgDip either in an engineering discipline related to Tritec’s activities or more generic degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or similar.
- Understanding the marine consultancy business in the context of maritime, oil & gas and marine renewables industries and their sectors.
Closing date: 27th May 2022