Business Travel - Technical Support Consultant
15th Sep 2022
The purpose of the Technical Business Support Consultant role is to implement, maintain, and support internal and client-facing digital products. The role ensures the accurate flow of transactional data from all reservation platforms to the back office and thereby managing its impact on accounts receivable, accounts payable and the interaction with suppliers. The implementation and support of client-facing technical products drives the digitalisation strategy of the company by increasing adoption of new digital products. The tasks and responsibilities are wide and varied with different degrees of complexity making this unit a hot spot for personal development, an in depth understanding of how the business operate and seeing the full cycle of work first-hand.
Technical Business Support is responsible for these core areas in the business:
Strategic planning and executing new technical solutions to benefit the business:
- Scoping new technical solutions and building a business case of the benefits for onboarding
- Evolving Consort booking platform
- Recognising opportunities to creating efficiencies on current processes
- Collaborate with the other departments on working to towards achieving strategic objectives
Administrating all technical aspects of non-GDS platforms:
- ATRIIS, CYTRIC & CONCUR self-booking
- Evolvi, Trainline, Conferma and Silverrail data handling
- Compleat by Concur
- NDC capability
- Consort and its impact on business processes
- Second-level support on all booking platforms
Managing Ticketing Scripts:
- Design the means of allowing front office data to flow into the back office
- Maintain and document these, striving for consistently across all booking tools
- Investigate any scripting errors
- Lend scripting support to travel consultants
- Ensure all booked transactions flow timely and accurately from the booking platform to the back office
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with all travel booking platforms
- Reacting to system errors through various report checks
- Continuously make recommendation for process improvement to eradicate inefficient procedures and improve training provision across the business
- SVQ / National Diploma/Certificate in a business discipline preferred; minimum sound Higher Education
- Sufficient experience within a technical support / corporate reservations function is required.
- Knowledge and experience of the GDS and OBTs is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills will aid the job holder to coherently explain situations to their peers, line manager and colleagues with confidence.
- An advanced understanding of reservation platforms will enhance the job holder’s ability to analyse their work better and to identify the cause and effect of the errors they manage.
- Experience of dealing with BSP/ARC will greatly benefit the job holder.
Closing date: 30th Sep 2022