Group Internal Auditor
2nd Sep 2021
Working with Northern Marine Group, you will be responsible for the provision of independent assurance that the organisations risk management, governance, and internal control processes are operating effectively. The role holder must be independent from the operations evaluated and report to the highest level in the organisation. A key aspect of the role will involve establishing excellent working relationships within not only NMG but the parent Company, Stena. The role holder will also need to ensure a clear understanding of risk, control, and compliance programs and support these globally.
- Conduct analysis on key elements of NMG internal control systems to include risks and compliance and generate insights and corrective actions.
Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, company policies and procedures across the global footprint of NMG.
- Develop a risk based, flexible and commercially focused audit plan, considering the input of Senior Management.
- Conduct, plan and execute risk assessments
- Identify key areas of risk and propose mitigating controls.
- Liaise with Business Units and Functions to ensure that controls are adhered to whilst evaluating effectiveness and recommending remedial action
- Gain an understanding of key processes across the global footprint of the business including offshore payroll requirements and ensure compliance against these processes.
- Awareness and knowledge of SOC and SOX guidelines and compliance
- Manage the internal controls audit process and ensure an awareness and knowledge of current analytics and other tools to enhance and develop future audits within the business.
- Develop and upskill employees globally to assist with internal audit requirements, ensuring understanding and awareness of Company requirements.
- Support in driving education and awareness of risk across the organisation through periodic communication and training.
- Perform and evaluate investigations to detect and deter corruption, fraud and waste on an ongoing basis.
- Test and monitor new controls and systems to be implemented within the business, noting any improvement and feedback.
- Prepare high quality deliverables, including MI reports and presentations to be shared with key stakeholders including the NM Group Managing Director and Northern Marine Group Audit Committee as and when required.
- Monitor and communicate on the latest forensic and fraud risks globally.
- Liaise and manage external audits relating to internal control
- Assist with due diligence review of potential mergers and acquisitions
- Occasional travel as required, including the audit of overseas companies
- You may be asked from time to time to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position
You may be asked from time to time be asked to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position.
- Fully qualified IIA/ACA/ACCA/ ACMA
- Experience in a previous role with direct exposure to the Senior Management Team.
- 5 years post qualifying audit experience.
- Significant understanding of modern internal audit and risk management best practice, including experience of risk-based audit assessments.
- Previous audit experience, operating in a fast paced, multi-site environment.
- Strong understanding of governance and compliance issues within large organisations
- Dynamic and inspirational, capable of influencing change at a Senior level and being an ambassador across the NMG of Companies
- Robust and resilient individual who is prepared to convey their point of view in an unbiased manner with an ability to challenge.
- Understanding and awareness of fraud prevention and risk assessments.
- Understanding and awareness of corporate governance and internal controls processes.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills
- Systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Closing date: 9th Sep 2021