HR Officer (Marine)
18th Jul 2019
Ensuring that the company vessels assigned to their control are manned with properly qualified, experienced and competent personnel. Ensuring that documentation and certification compliance is maintained at all times.
- Acting first point of support for all personnel related matters and queries for personnel placed on vessels under their responsibility, which frequently includes liaising with spouse and/or other family members.
- Liaison with the operations/technical department regarding the assignment of personnel aboard company managed vessels.
- Routine supervision of the external manning agents. Liaising with external manning agents on crew being assigned to the company’s vessels.
- Monitoring of all employee documentation and certification requirements and ensuring the necessary compliance is maintained; including but not limited to;
- Home country license
- Endorsements (e.g. dangerous cargo endorsements)
- Flag state licenses
- MLC 2006 requirements
- Medicals (industry standard and client specific)
- Training requirements
- Daily maintenance of all employee personnel files, vessel files and database records necessary to accurately record, documentation, certification, training and payroll in accordance with company policies and standards, whilst adhering to payroll deadlines.
- Ensure fleet appraisal system is being followed. Manage appraisals for senior officers.
- Ensure company disciplinary process is adhered to by assisting the client in applying the policies.
- Delivery of seafarers debriefing.
- Have understanding of Marine Industry regulatory and certification legislation including but not limited to ISM Code, STCW and MLC 2006.
- Have understanding of Employment structures (offshore employment) and applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA’s).
- Delivery of NMM and client specific company inductions.
- Liaison with the training department on scheduling of training courses for personnel under their responsibility.
- Participating in the on-call roster for out of hour’s coverage, offered by the personnel department.
- To be able to carry out internal audits as required
- Attend and input to meetings and management reporting as and when required, to meet strict deadlines.
- Other tasks and adhoc project related work as directed by the Personnel Manager
- Other Administrative duties i.e. Absence maintenance, Expense claims, planning and rota management.
- You may be asked from time to time be asked to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position.
- 2 x Highers
- 1 year in an office environment.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Able to adapt communication style and language to audience.
- Highly Organised.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem Solving.
- Influencing / negotiation.
- Relationship building/People Person.
- University Degree, preferably in HR or General Business.
- Previous experience working within seagoing HR team for a ship management company.
- Shipping HR related legislation; STCW, MLC
Due to the number of applications, we are unable to reply to each candidate individually, therefore please assume you have been unsuccessful if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of applying.