IT Security Manager
4th Nov 2021
The IT Security Manager is a member of the IT Management team, and is responsible for ensuring that Company agreed standards, both locally and globally, are implemented and compliant with legislative and industry standards. The role holder will ensure that all infosec incidents are managed and recorded in line with Company agreed standards (both locally and globally) to ensure compliance with legislation, in addition to ensuring the Information Security team are completing relevant training by offering guidance and mentoring.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the IT Security team.
- Ensure deadlines are managed and met for all IT Security projects.
- Responsible for providing IT Security input into IT strategy and subsequent projects to implement strategy.
- Manage IT Security strategy.
- Responsible for IT Security incident response, investigation, reporting and forensics.
- Assess system security and recommend improvements.
- Ensure data is handled, transferred or processed according to legal and company guidelines.
- Control costs and budgets regarding IT Security.
- Work with IT Quality and Contracts Manager to manage contracts with vendors and software licenses.
- Develop IT Security policies and practices with the IT Quality and Contracts Manager.
- Ensure training and personal development plans of IT Security team are created and followed.
- Evaluate team performance against targets and KPI’s and report monthly to Group Head of Business Systems.
- Manage team resourcing and development to ensure sufficient capacity to support business needs.
- Collaborate with colleagues and the wider security community to keep up to date with relevant practices and policies.
- Understand, implement and monitor security systems (vulnerability scanning, boundary protection, intrusion detection, antivirus, logfile analysis etc).
- Investigate and document security breaches and other cyber security incidents and assess the damage they cause.
- Regular reporting against risks identified infosec tools and mitigation actions/projects.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Perform penetration testing with 3rd parties or internally.
- Help colleagues and the wider business understand information security management.
- Supporting the business in the delivery and release of secure applications.
- Participate in IT Security audits, both representing NMG as the audited party and performing IT Security Audits of other business units and 3rd parties.
- Degree level or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Cyber Security
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in working in IT Security
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience managing an IT Security team for an international organisation
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience managing IT Security in a globally distributed IT environment
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and frameworks
- Excellent team leadership skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- Ability to multitask and work on/prioritise several tasks at once
- Familiarity with Satellite Communication system.
- CISSP (highly desirable)
- Experience coaching and mentoring an IT Security team
- Experience with ISO 27001
- Audit experience
Closing date: 12th Nov 2021