Senior Naval Architect
17th Mar 2023
Tritec Marine, part of Northern Marine Group of companies are looking for a Senior Naval Architect. The Senior Naval Architect will be responsible for the global performance analysis of offshore floating vessel concept configurations, sizing and design studies for drilling and production designs as well as client specific floaters, including semi-submersibles, jack ups and drill ships. This includes the design, sizing and numerical analysis of motions, stability, station keeping and mooring systems using industry and regulatory criteria.
- Observe and implement the quality management system of the company.
- Support the design and analysis activities of Tritec for ships and offshore structures.
- Provide input in the form of numerical and, where required, hand calculations according to the specifics of each job.
- Contribute the development of technical drawings and arrangements and check them as the need may be.
- Liaise with clients and/or regulatory bodies (classification societies, flag authorities, etc.) on all related issues according to operational requirements and under the guidance of the Principal Engineer in charge of each job.
- Demonstrate potential to develop to Principal Engineer level.
- Work closely with the rest of the Tritec team members and provide training and guidance to younger members of the team (including graduates and interns) according to operational requirements.
- Contribute to the marketing and promotion of the company services with suitable (technical) material (demonstrations, case studies, presentations, etc.) under the guidance of senior management.
- Occasional travel is required for project needs.
- MEng / MSc in Naval Architecture (or related engineering discipline)
- 5+ years of working experience
- Deep understanding in the underlying engineering principles of ships and offshore structures.
- Familiarity with class / flag regulations / international regulations applicable
- Proficient in industry standard software (ANSYS, NAPA, etc.)
- Technical report writing
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- PhD in a field relative the commercial operations of Tritec
- Survey experience
- Experience of leading teams of engineers
- Experience of training and mentoring
Closing date: 31st Mar 2023