Operations Manager - Clyde Training Solutions
13th Dec 2021
The Operations Manager of Clyde Training Solutions is a critical functional position, with overall responsibility for all aspects of training delivery across our Glasgow based sites. This role will ensure all course delivery teams (Survival, Fire, Marine, Well Control etc.) and support functions (Maintenance, HSEQ and Customer Care) are performing to optimal standards against company policies and procedures, external approvals, legal requirements and strategic objectives.
The main duties of the role include:
- Support the General Manager to drive forward the company strategy and core values (Vision, Mission Statement, Strap Line) and ensure operational alignment.
- Act as a direct line manager for the operational leads of each training department (Fire, Survival, Marine Technical, Well Control). This will include any future additional departments, in-line with the strategic objectives of the business.
- Act as a line manager for the Site Maintenance Manager/Lead to ensure effective equipment and facilities management.
- Liaise with the Customer Care Manager/Lead to ensure all administrative process are efficient and in compliance with all required industry approval criteria (ISO9001:2015, OPITO, MCA, GWO, IWCF etc).
- Accountable to ensure all CTS approvals (ISO9001:2015, OPITO, MCA, GWO, IWCF etc) are maintained by use of delegation of appropriate responsibilities to the Operations Team(s). This will include direct influence and adherence to the CTS Quality Management System and will include supporting internal and external audits.
- Working closely with the HSEQ Manager to ensure compliance with the set hierarchical risk solutions aligned to Safety, Quality, Environmental and Asset Integrity.
- Ensure all KPI’s, set by the General Manager, are managed and reported on within the timescales given.
- Responsible for the management of all new courses (products) by use of company procedures. This is in line with the CTS product development plan and will result in targets being set to achieve new course approvals.
- Work with the General Manager to ensure efficient budget control.
- Assess and monitor the performance of operational staff and arrange for training of personnel in accordance with company needs and in conjunction with both mandatory and developmental requirements.
- Ensure and host regular operational meetings and allocate items of improvement to staff members.
- Support the General Manager and the Business Development Team to achieve effective key client relations. This may involve meeting with current and potential new clients to discuss subject matter expertise within Survival related courses.
- Represent Clyde Training Solutions at all corporate and industry related meetings.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the General Manager
- A1 Assessor or equivalent.
- V1 Verifier or equivalent.
- OPITO auditor certificate or equivalent
- - 5 + Years’ experience in operational management within an emergency response training business
- 8 + Years in course delivery for global offshore oil and gas emergency response and/or maritime & renewables environments.
- 3 + Years Assessing workforce against industry standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to tailor communication style and manage complex internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Exceptional organisational skills, to support the operational demands of a dynamic training business.
- Leadership qualities that allow the organisation to grow at an accelerated pace, in line with set objectives, resources, budgets and operational demands.
- Exceptional knowledge of industry training programs related to CTS operations.
- Exceptional knowledge of equipment and facilities used within a training business, including experience in Planned Preventative Maintenance systems. Included working knowledge of regulations specific to operations (LOLER/PUWER/CoSHH etc)
- Solid understanding of risk management.
- Ability to adapt to industry changes.
- Use of Microsoft office and share point systems.
- Lead by example in all CTS/ NMG policies
- Substantial experience in the management of approvals related to our business (OPITO/GWO/MCA/IWCF)
Closing date: 7th Jan 2022