- Observe and implement the quality management system of the company.
- Engage with vendors to find the below technical and financial solution for clients applicable to the assigned projects.
- Delivering projects in line with the PRINCE 2 methodology
- Ensure that assigned projects are delivered with the best possible result in terms of quality, delivery time, cost and resources.
- Ensure, control and monitor that all project activities are compiled with.
- Producing project management updates to senior management in a clear and legible format.
- Working in collaboration with the Finance team to ensure commercial budgets are met and to ensure that value is delivered to the client.
- Maintain strong relationships with all business units within Northern Marine.
- Engage with industry bodies to understand the legislative changes appropriate to assigned projects.
- Communicate effectively with clients and external stakeholders in a concise and structured manner
- Utilize knowledge and experience in Ship Management to deliver new vessels into management in a professional manner such that the client trust and respects Northern Marine.
- Under meetings and site visits within the UK and abroad as required to meet the project outcomes
- Portraying Northern Marine is the best possible light to external stakeholders.
- Other roles and responsibilities as defined by line management.
You may be asked from time to time be asked to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position.
Class 1 Chief Engineers qualification (or related engineering discipline)
PRINCE 2 qualified.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in marine engineering
Deep understanding in the underlying principles concerning shipboard operations according to the role requirements.
Deep understanding of the engineering design and operations of merchant vessels
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Ability to understand Clients requirements inclusive of contract negotiation
Monitoring and measurement of project team performance
Technical report writing
Problem solving abilities
International Project Management qualification
Offshore vessel marine engineering operations and shipbuilding practices
Experience in training and mentoring
Closing date: 8th Apr 2021