Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
20th Jun 2022
The role of Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer to design, administer, implement, troubleshoot, and analyse global IT Infrastructure, including all on-premise and cloud base technologies, identifying improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of all, global, IT Infrastructure across all NMG Companies
- Responsible for the full project lifecycle including proposal, design, implementation, testing and roll-out.
- Provides 3rd line support as required on operation issues and projects.
- Prioritisation of workloads and conflicting demands
- As required collaborates with SITO on group infrastructure and Projects
- Liaise with business stakeholders when required and provide regular feedback when working on a project
- Manages project costs and reports these to the IT Network and Infrastructure Manager/ IT Manager for the discrete work packages assigned.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Documents projects when completed for handover to support.
- Act as a mentor to help develop more junior members of the team
You may be asked, from time to time, to undertake other tasks that are considered relevant to your position.
- HND in I.T related discipline or equivalent
- Substantial demonstrable experience within IT Network and Infrastructure role and be able to evidence a structured approach to tackling IT Infrastructure projects successfully.
- Advanced knowledge of all core infrastructure technologies.
- Experience of Microsoft server technologies up to server 2019
- Experience of Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Advanced experience of Microsoft Office 365
- Strong Network and Comms Skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Customer facing skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Motivated attitude
- Previous mentoring experience would be advantageous
Closing date: 22nd Jul 2022