Senior Maritime Instructor - Clyde Training Solutions
10th Sep 2021
The role of Senior Maritime Instructor is critical to Clyde Training Solutions offering for maritime training and simulation courses. The candidate will drive business, training content and delivery in a high-level consultative environment, working with client companies and their delegates to raise competency levels in identified areas.
- Design and deliver appropriate and cost-effective assessment, training and development solutions as directed to meet industry and legislative standards.
- Serve as a resource and subject matter expert for the development and analysis of existing and developmental training materials
- Delivery and evaluation of simulation and non-simulation courses.
- Monitor course delivery, progress, and quality of services
- Review existing CTS simulation and non-simulation training portfolio and provide updates, recommendations, and communication plans.
- Consult with clients on new technical courses
- Work in collaboration with the Global Business Development Lead within CTS to support new business generation and value add services to existing clients.
- Manage key internal and external stakeholders, representing the Company at industry events as required.
- Provide key analytics and reports to Senior Management as required on training deliverables.
- Support the General Manager and Head of Training with quarterly budgetary preparation with a key focus on projected number and new course costings.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate staffing of training courses with suitably qualified instructors.
- Work in a mentoring capacity with other instructors within the CTS business, to drive increased proficiency within the team and upskill in new areas.
- Work in compliance with and participate in the review/audit of company Quality Management Systems as well as the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Support and develop other instructors with regards to CPD.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of staff and contractors for the delivery of maritime training.
- Meet targets, KPI’s and SLAs, as set by the company for the delivery of maritime training.
- Effectively contribute to the strategy for maritime training with a focus on simulation.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of simulation systems, capabilities, readiness etc to effectively offer solutions to clients demands.
- Master Mariner or relevant Maritime degree
- 8 years sea-going experience (Partly gained within the last 5 years, or suitable CPD demonstrated for best practice on board modern vessels)
- 2 years command experience
- Minimum 12 months experience on a Gas and Oil Tanker, preferably as Chief Mate or higher
- Exceptional leadership and management skills evidenced by initiatives delivered on and offshore
- TQFE or equivalent teaching qualification preferred
- Qualified Assessor / Verifier preferred
Closing date: 24th Sep 2021