Senior Survival Instructor
28th Nov 2022
Responsible for supporting the growth of the instructional team within the Survival Department and support of all other applicable training departments within CTS. Delivery of emergency response-based training programs, aimed at the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry, the Maritime Industry, the Wind Industry and bespoke training. Occasional support of operations management, in support of the Team Lead.
- Supporting the Team Lead to ensure Instructor Development. This includes ensuring instructor PDP’s are correctly managed and reviewed.
- Supporting the Team Lead to gain and maintain Approvals.
- Support the operational requirements of the Team Lead during any Absences.
- Delivering industry approved courses (OPITO, STCW, GWO, & Bespoke).
- Carrying out competency assessments on Instructors & delegates.
- Supervising delegates during Survival, practical in-water, basic fire, first aid and other applicable training events.
- Attending weekly operational meetings.
- Managing your weekly training schedule, set by the Lead Instructor.
- Promoting a positive safety culture around the worksite.
- Primarily involved with survival-based courses, you would be also expected to support the demands of Fire based programs, if and when required.
- Supporting the Team Lead with the management of Contractors
- Supporting the Team Lead with the management of the weekly schedule
- Maintain and update courses to meet Approval standards, following the Companies Process and systems such as ISO 9001 but not limited to.
- Occasional travel as required.
You may be asked from time to time be asked to undertake other tasks that are considered to be relevant to your position.
- Relevant Industry experience
- Maritime Training
- Offshore Oil and Gas sectors
- Renewables sector
- Sufficient experience within Survival based courses, or relevant industry experience.
- Sufficient experience with course delivery for global offshore oil and gas emergency response, and/or Renewables or Maritime
- Sufficient experience assessing workforce against industry standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to tailor communication style and manage complex internal and external relationships.
- Use of Microsoft office and share point systems.
- Exceptional knowledge of industry approved Survival techniques.
- Exceptional Knowledge of equipment used for Survival courses both on fixed and mobile
- offshore assets.
- Solid understanding of risk management.
- Ability to adapt to Industry changes.
- Lead by example in all CTS/ NMG policies
- Able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the
- job done
- Gaining and maintaining approvals
- Mentoring staff
- A1 Assessor or equivalent
Closing date: 30th Dec 2022