Survival Instructor - Clyde Training Solutions
11th Oct 2021
This role will be primarily responsible for the delivery of GWO emergency response-based training programs, aimed at the Renewables Industries. In addition, this role will include delivery of similar training programs in the Offshore (OPITO) and Maritime (STCW) Industries.
- Delivering industry approved courses (GWO, OPITO, STCW, , & Bespoke events).
- Supervising delegates during Working at Height based programs.
- Supervising delegates during practical in-water, basic fire, first aid and lifeboat training.
- Carrying out delegate competency assessments against the required course criteria.
- Attending periodical operational meetings.
- Managing your weekly training schedule, set by the Lead Instructor.
- Promoting a positive safety culture around the worksite.
- Maintain and update courses to meet approval standards, following the Companies process and systems such as ISO 9001 but not limited to.
- Primarily involved with Survival & HSE based courses, you would be also expected to support the demands of Fire and Marine based programs.
- Occasional travel as required.
- A1 Assessor or equivalent.
- Experience in working at height instructing and/or operationally
- Instructional techniques and process of training delivery
- Delivering training courses to large groups of delegates
- Knowledge of safety cultures within our industries
- Able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done
- Communication skills
- PC literate with excellent knowledge of Microsoft systems
- Possess occupational expertise in roles related to relevant Industries.
- Diving Qualification to PADI Dive Master, HSE Part 2 or equivalent.
- Crane operator experience (overhead).
- Experience & recognised qualifications to operate offshore/marine lifeboats and FRC’s.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Worked offshore /at sea or delivered training in this environment
- First Aid qualified
- Knowledge of industry training standards & associations (GWO, OGUK, OPITO, STCW, IADC, APi etc.).
- Ability to adapt to industry changes.
Closing date: 21st Oct 2021