27th Apr 2021
The role of Training Officer is a critical, client facing position provide a critical link between company, clients, and trainees. Mentoring trainees by guiding, supporting, motivating, and enthusing them throughout training to ensure the successful completion of the training course.
- Gain and develop good general knowledge of client companies and their contractual requirements.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, internal and external.
- Assist with the companies recruitment efforts from end to end, including answering initial queries, conducting interviews, attending recruitment events, contribute to the selection and placement process and other additional tasks as required.
- Be prepared to attend such events over weekends or in evenings as required.
- Ensure that all college documentation is completed timely and accurately, with appropriate follow-ups and escalations where required.
- Ensure that seagoing documentation is completed as appropriate, including but not limited to the review of shipboard reports, TRB’s, etc.
- Collaborate effectively with team members within CMT including the Administration and Management teams.
- Provide effective management and mentoring to trainees under your responsibility. Escalate potential concerns as and when required.
- Embrace the company values and culture of CMT, internally and externally, growing the reputation of CMT.
- Contribute as required to the monthly cadet payroll.
- Develop a working understanding of the company obligations as an MCA approved Training Provider.
- Keep a current knowledge of industry standards and regulations as applicable to Cadet Training.
- Participate in the out of hours phone rota.
- Any other duties in line with your role as required by your line manager.
- HNC/D Marine Engineering/Nautical Science or equivalent experience
- Relevant sea-going experience
- 6 months plus seagoing experience
- Sailed in a relevant capacity to understand that challenges cadets may encounter.
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and organising skills.
- Commercial awareness and acumen – knowing how the business operates and the direct impacts the team can have on this.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Strong PC skills, with a key focus on MS packages
Closing date: 4th May 2021